Holidays & Flexibility Of Service
As part of our Nursery offering we have tried to be as flexible as we possibly can to try and meet the needs of parents, appreciating that not all parents need to use all of our services all of the time and can offer the following benefits:
- Holiday leave at half price. Many nurseries have a day or session rate that applies in full 52 weeks a year. Subject to you booking more than a month in advance (in writing please, we do have holiday forms) we give all of our parents up to two weeks’ holiday at half fees each year. *
- No charges for bank holidays. There is no fee for if your normal session falls on a bank holiday. Again, many nurseries will charge either full or reduced fees for bank holidays, but we don’t believe that you should be charged in any way for a service you can’t access, so bank holidays (the only days we close) are completely free of charge.
- Extra holiday leave at half price when you introduce a friend. We are so grateful for all of the many recommendations that parents make to other parents about our wonderful Nursery. It is all very well us telling you what we do, but when it comes from a parent who already uses the service, this helps new parents no end. We will therefore give both you and your friend an additional week of your Nursery holiday sessions at half price if you book more than a month in advance. *
- Holidays at Christmas at half fees. Many of us wish to take holiday at Christmas, and it is such a special time of year for children, that said, some of us do work during the festive season, and very much need our service, so we think we’ve found the best of both worlds. We offer any holiday booked the week between Christmas and New Year, more than a month in advance at Nursery, will only be charged at half fees, even if you have already used all of your holiday entitlement. Don’t worry if you still want your child to attend, we’re open on these days, and do lots of fun Christmas activities, but like to offer parents the choice. *
- Shorter days for older children. We appreciate that not everyone needs a full day session, or just a morning or afternoon, and once your child turns 2 we can offer shorter days to all children. A two’s day is 9am – 4pm, and once your child reaches Pre School we offer a 9.am – 4.30pm day. These days work particularly well for parents with other children attending school, and it also fits well with the funded places, meaning there is only a charge for the lunch provided if using your government funding on a 9am – 4.30pm day.
*Terms and conditions apply. No holiday rates apply for Before & After School Club sessions. All sessions at Before & After School Club are term time only, and are charged at full fees. Any holiday entitlement not used during the year cannot be carried forward to the next year. The holiday year runs from January to December inclusive. Introduce a friend offer is limited to a maximum of two weeks holiday rate (including both introduced and introducer) of usual sessions at half price. Where more than one friend introduces, then the introducers week may be split between whoever has made the introduction. The introduce a friend week can be used only in the year that the introduction.