Flexibility Of Service
As part of our Nursery offering we have tried to be as flexible as we possibly can to try and meet the needs of parents, appreciating that not all parents need to use all of our services all of the time and can offer the following benefits:
- Term Time Only Places for children aged 3 or over. For some parents, the ability to access our services on a term time only basis, is something that suits them very well, so we are able to offer limited places for this service to children over the age of 3. For children under the age of 3, we only offer a year round service as this really helps with the continuity of care that we provide. Our youngest children particularly enjoy attending on a year round basis as it provides a routine, and gaps of several weeks at a time can disturb this. Over the age of 3 however, we find children are more adaptable to such changes presented by a term time only place, but we’re also able to offer additional ad hoc sessions (subject to availability) during the holidays where desired too. *
- Fully guaranteed year round service with additional sessions when required. We are open 52 weeks a year, only closing for bank holidays, so you can use our service all the time. Some settings will choose to close for particular weeks each year, meaning that parents would need to align their holiday bookings with this. We are open every week of the year. We are also able to offer ad hoc bookings for occasional extra days you may need (subject to availability), so parents can be assured of the service in any eventuality (except only, when you little one is poorly and needs to be at home).
- No charges for bank holidays. There is no fee for if your normal session falls on a bank holiday. Many nurseries will charge either full or reduced fees for bank holidays, meaning people who need care on Mondays in particular are heavily penalised, but we don’t believe that you should be charged in any way for a service you can’t access, so bank holidays (the only days we close) are completely free of charge.
- Reward when you introduce a friend. We are so grateful for all of the many recommendations that parents make to other parents about our wonderful Nursery. It is all very well us telling you what we do, but when it comes from a parent who already uses the service, this helps new parents no end. We will therefore give both you and your friend a voucher of your choice for £50 when your friend’s child starts regular sessions with us. This incentive also applies when you bring a sibling to us.*
- Shorter days for older children. We appreciate that not everyone needs a full day session, or just a morning or afternoon, and once your child turns 2 we can offer shorter days to all children. For all children aged 2 and over we offer a 9.am – 4.30pm day, as well as a Full Day from 7.30am -6.15pm. These shorter days work particularly well for parents with other children attending school, and it also fits well with the funded places, meaning there is only a charge for the lunch provided if using your government funding on a 9am – 4.30pm day.
*Terms and conditions apply. Where children qualify for the government funding of 15 or 30 hours a week, all of this funding must be used at Young Discoverers for us to be able to offer a Term Time Only place. For the introduce a friend offer, vouchers are limited to £100 in total, (and £50 to any one individual) for each introduction, but where more than one parent has introduced the same child, we can split the vouchers if desired.